Welcome to the Career Champion Resource Page!
Career Champions are faculty and staff who are committed to student success by supporting students’ career development both inside and outside the classroom. The office of Career and Professional Development created this community to recognize the important role of these faculty and staff and to support them as they advise, teach, and mentor students.
Benefits of becoming a Career Champion
- Be better informed in how to assist students in pursuing their future professional and career goals.
- Access to training that highlights the latest resources and best practices in career development.
- Activities and assignments you can use to add career-related content to your classes.
- Monthly newsletter with curated resources related to current Career and Professional Development opportunities.
- After completion of the Career Champions Challenge, receipt of a certificate and badge you can display in your email signature.
Take the Challenge
The Career Champions Challenge is a brief and flexible training program that you can do at your own speed. It includes material to read and demoes of Career Resources you can use with students. Complete all 8 quizzes to receive a Career Champion Challenge certificate and a magnet to display in your office. The challenge is available here as an asynchronous online training program. We periodically offer a more synchronous version, delivered daily via email over 2 weeks. Join the Career Champions program to be notified of the next Challenge.
Industry-focused job and internship fairs are fast approaching! Below are some helpful pieces of advice to help students on their journey:
If you are working with undergraduate students who are looking for a way to build their resume and earn money, we are accepting applications for the fall 2024 Peer Career Advisor Trainee position!
As a PCA Trainee, they will:
The Career Champions Team is excited to announce our newest Career Champions!
Sari Khatib, Zakhar Berkovich, Lisa Clarke, Kim Taylor, Olivia Mihalko, and Rebecca Seavey all recently completed the Career Champions Challenge!
Did you know we run both synchronous and …
It’s exciting to begin the search for your dream job, especially when you feel like you’ve finally honed in on what you want to do in your career. But the process of sifting through job listings, tidying up your resume, …
Graduation is quickly approaching for students this winter, and searching for a job can feel isolating and overwhelming.
If you are working with students who haven’t figured things out or feel discouraged, here are some helpful actions you can advise …