Got an interview? Awesome! We’re here to help prepare you for the big day. Make an appointment with us for a practice interview or to talk about general practices.
Things to think about as you prepare for the interview:
Before the Interview
- Think about how to answer BOTH General and Behavioral Interview Questions.
- Prepare and practice interview questions with Big Interview!
- Research the company or organization as much as possible– read their website mission and goals, online reviews, LinkedIn profile, any pertinent news articles about them.
- Be sure to come up with at least 5-6 questions to ask the employer for the end of the interview.
- Pick out a professional, business attire to wear whether it’s for an in-person or virtual interview. Be sure to check out Purple Threads available on campus!
- If it’s an in-person interview, be sure to figure out directions on how to arrive and what time you need to leave your home by. If it’s a virtual interview, be sure your camera and/or any other programs are working properly.
Day of the Interview
- Don’t be late to your interview! Aim to be 15 minutes early for an in-person interview, 3-5 minutes early for a virtual interview.
- Smile and make good contact with the interviewer. Be polite and make friendly small talk with everyone you meet!
After the Interview
- Be sure to send the employer a thank you email for their time and consideration. If you interviewed with multiple people, send an email to all of those involved. In the email, include what you were able to learn about the company/organization during the interview. Reinforce any specific skills/experience that you have that are related to the job. This can be an opportunity to provide information you weren’t able to share during the interview.