HR & Recruiting Internship with Harvard-based Non-profit (fully remote)
HR & Recruiting Intern
HR & Recruiting Lead
ONLY SUBMIT YOUR RESUME IN PDF
humanID (part of the Foundation for a Human Internet), is an anonymous, nonprofit and open-source online identity, replacing invasive Social Sign-Ins (SSOs) such as ‘Login with Facebook’, or Google’s ReCAPTCHA. The login enables complete privacy at full convenience. No password, no data stored. At the same time, we enable communities to block bots and abusive users.
We are a volunteer-driven nonprofit where volunteers & interns take over real responsibilities. Team members will work directly with the 4 founders, who include seasoned entrepreneurs & 2 HBS graduates. You’ll be working in a real startup environment, and be able to build connections across the tech and philanthropic world. We’ve built an awesome team and a product that can change the world!
To learn more about our organization, visit our website at www.human-internet.org.
At humanID, all roles and tasks are adjusted to your specific learning objectives. You will have the opportunity to lead teams, initiatives, sales calls and much more. We care about your professional development and focus on every individual’s learning journey.
Visit our organization page on Glassdoor (4.5/ 5) & Handshake to hear more about internship experiences at humanID.
About the role
Summary of job function
At HR, we are responsible for ensuring that our interns have a great experience here at humanID. This involves several different processes like onboarding, bonding events, off-boarding, and administrative work for the other teams. The HR department is a fundamental part of humanID and ensures we continue working effectively.
- Review candidates resumes
- Create and update job descriptions
- Serve as the first point of contact for new hires
- Assist in maintaining and organizing HR files, records, and databases
- Conduct interviews with potential new hires
- Prepare and send offer letters to candidates
- Ensure smooth transition through the onboarding process
- Implement the company’s recruiting strategy
- Attend regular team and company meetings
- Lead team bonding sessions between the various teams at humanID
- Help ensure a positive and inclusive culture (35 people around the World)
- Release and analyze internal surveys at humanID
- Evaluate the effectiveness of onboarding and off-boarding process
- Support other HR related tasks as needed
- Important to have an interest in Human Resources and Administrative work
- Any HR/Recruiting (related) experience is a plus!
- Must commit a minimum of 15 hrs/week for at least 4 months
- Must be at least Sophomore Status
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Passionate to fight for a better internet
- Willingness to learn fast
- Willing to get your hands dirty with real responsibility
- Eager to work as a peer with the Founders
- We require pro-activity and the willingness to raise concerns and disagreement
- We’re expanding our team fast, so only candidates who can start right away will be considered!
Immense Flexibility on Location & Working Hours
Roles can be part-time or full-time, and will be unpaid. You will take on significant responsibility and make a direct positive impact! We are actively recruiting year round for applicants that can commit at least 15 hours a week for at least 4 months. We are looking for new joiners starting anytime, year-round.
humanID has been completely remote and globally setup even before the pandemic, and welcomes team members from anywhere in the world, under the condition that your working hours of choice have a significant overlap with U.S. Eastern Time.