The Trilateral Youth Empowerment Program aims to build more inclusive democracies in Japan, the Republic of Korea (ROK), and the United States (U.S.). The program provides a space for those who identify as college-age women (ages 18-24) and the opportunity to develop their skills and ideas and take a more active role in politics.
They will work with their peers and established experts on current public policy challenges. During the program, participants will also develop intergenerational partnerships through cooperation with their mentors.
How to Apply:
The application must be completed and emailed to the Mansfield Foundation no later than 11:59 p.m. (U.S. Eastern Standard Time) on January 10, 2023. Application materials, including reference letters, must also be submitted by this time. Please submit all application materials via email to email@example.com.
- Applicant identifies as a woman
- Applicant is 18-24 years old
- Applicant is a legal resident of the United States, Japan, and/or Republic of Korea
- Applicant is currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
- Applicant is able to attend virtual workshops and travel to Washington, DC for a weeklong in-person capstone meeting in August 2023
- Applicant is able to communicate comfortably in English
First Round: Please submit all required applications by January 10, 2023:
1) Application form which asks for the following information: Download an Application Trilateral Youth Empowerment
– Personal Information
– Language Proficiency and Experiences Abroad
– Topic Interests
– Emergency Contact Information
– Short Essays
2) One to two recommendation letters (educational and/or professional) in English, Korean, or Japanese. The letter should include information on the recommender’s connection to the applicant (educational or professional), personal qualities about the applicant, and explanation on why the writer believes the applicant would be a good candidate for the program.