Job type: Part-time (12 – 20 hours per week)
Intended Start Date: May 20th, 2024
Who we are:
Think Academy US (www.TheThinkAcademy.com), a 100% owned subsidiary of TAL Education Group(NYSE: TAL), is recently established education technology (Ed-Tech) company to provide K-12 extra-curricular learning services through science and technology. At Think Academy, we provide full cycle service to foster local children’s ability to think critically, to strengthen their logic skills, and to help them fulfill their goals through innovative teaching techniques. We believe Love and Technology can make education better. Each week, more than 6 million students are enrolled in TAL’s online and offline education platform.
Whom we are looking for:
Think Academy U.S. is looking for Part-time Remote Math Teacher for Pre-Algebra/Algebra 1/Geometry/Algebra 2 courses. Teachers are expected to understand math concepts, prepare classes based on Think Academy’s curriculum, deliver engaging and age-appropriate math lessons, explaining concepts, demonstrating problem-solving techniques, and using various teaching methods to meet the diverse needs of students. Teaching Language is English.
What You Will Do:
- Teach middle-school & high-school level mathematics virtually through the Think Academy Teaching Platform.
- Actively engage and manage an online classroom of up to 18 students.
- Prepare and deliver lessons using Think Academy’s curriculum and teaching guidance.
- Grade homework and provide other essential teaching-related services.
- Communicate effectively with students and parents, offering timely and personalized feedback.
- Typically work 12-20 hours per week(depending on number of classes you take), primarily during weekends or weekday afternoons.
How You Can Be Qualified:
- Bachelor’s degree or above; All majors are welcome; Education, or STEM-related majors are preferred
- You are still eligible to apply if you are still pursuing or in progress of obtaining a Bachelor’s degree
- Prior math teaching experiences is not required, but a plus
- Can commit to at least one whole semester teaching starting from 2024 Summer semester (Summer: June – Aug; Fall: Aug – Dec; Spring: Jan – May)
- Available and willing to work during weekday evenings and weekends
- Super passionate about teaching and education industry, and highly responsible and love to get along with kids
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- $64/lesson (2 hours), 12 – 20 hours work means taking care 3 – 7 classes per week
- Pay Structure: Teaching Fee*Number of Classes + Performance-based Bonus (Target at 25%-37.5% of Teaching Fee) + Training Allowance
- Please ask your recruiter for more information about pay rate