North Texas Angel Network (NTAN) Intern
North Texas Angel Network
Start Date: Mid-May
Category/ Job Type: Internship
Supervision: Senior Director of The DEC Network, Director of Operations for NTAN
We are looking for an intern that is excited about getting involved in early-stage funding for startups. They will be supporting the Executive Director and Board members with running organizational processes including sitting in on investor calls, taking notes during startup pitches, communicating with investors and startups about upcoming events and questions, and any other duties assigned.
They will be expected to join Zoom calls twice a month for investor meetings and take notes during those calls. They will have the opportunity to share investment updates with investors, learn about the angel investment process, share and source deals from other angel networks, and work with our community partners.
This is a relationship driven role where they will be expected to send out email newsletters, stay current with startup company updates, do some work in the our Airtable database, and feel comfortable interacting with our community partners. This role will also involve sharing deals with, and seeking deals from, VC funds. Interns will learn the angel funding process, build their network in Texas, gain access to startup and investor learning resources, and get “behind the scenes” interactions with investors.
NTAN Intern Responsibilities
- Sit in on meetings with the Director of Operations and take notes throughout.
- Match investors with investment opportunities.
- Assist with external communications to our investors, startup applicants, and emails and newsletters.
- Work with NTAN newsletters, Linkedin posts, and website posts. Assist with marketing for the NTAN program as needed.
- Take notes during NTAN meetings to share feedback with startups who present.
- Respond to website inquiries.
- Help set up events and check attendees into events.
- Interact with investors both in-person and virtually
- Listen and take notes during investor meetings and board meetings
- Additional project and task assignments as needed.
- A team player attitude
- Willingness to get your hands dirty and take on new tasks
- Attention to detail
- Must be a strong note taker
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Must be able to work 10-15+ hours per week
- Proficiency in Google Docs and Sheets is a plus
- Must be enrolled part- or full-time in an accredited university
- Must be able to be in-person 1-2 times per month during the internship
This is not a paid position. We provide a three hour course credit for fulfilling the internship.
About the North Texas Angel Network
NTAN provides the investment funds startups need to grow their company and achieve success.
Entrepreneurs benefit from receiving financial capital as well as experiential capital for their growing business. Our angel investor members have entrepreneurial, business building, professional services, and senior executive management experience across a wide range of industries. This depth of knowledge and breadth of business relationships is valuable for helping early-stage businesses grow.
Participating investors also benefit from access to the wide range of industry expertise across our network in assessing investment opportunities.
*We need an in-person intern to help with event set up, event check-in, and investor interaction. On-site interaction would help an intern get the most out of this internship.
Check with your school’s Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.