Data Consultant – South Sudan Guinea Worm Eradication Program (SSGWEP)
The consultant will provide support to South Sudan GWEP (SSGWEP) related to data cleaning, verification, reporting, analyses, and use. The purpose of this consultancy is to maintain and support the continuing development of SSGWEP’s technological capacity to clean, verify, report, analyze, and use data. The consultant will receive supervision from the Country Representative (CR) National Program Coordinator (NPC) and work closely with the GWEP Data Analyst and SSGWEP’s data department.
- Support the SSGWEP data department to continue developing and refining the systems for verification and analysis of reports to meet SSGWEP’s changing needs, which include tabulating, summarizing, visualizing and analyzing using R, as well as creating maps and using electronic data where applicable.
- Train data department staff on R programming language.
- Support the SSGWEP data department in updating data collection tools (electronic and hard-copy), populating/maintaining data dictionaries, and assisting with the development and implementation of staff trainings on data collection tools.
- Make regular updates and, if necessary, actionable recommendations to the National Program Coordinator (NPC), Country Representative (CR), and The Carter Center’s (TCC) Atlanta office about SSGWEP’s data workflow.
- Facilitate internal calls and meetings of the SSGWEP data department. Participate in weekly and monthly data-specific calls between SSGWEP and The Carter Center’s (TCC) Atlanta Office.
- Facilitate and work with the existing Asst. Data Manager to be responsible for all aspects of fulfilling the job of Data Manager. This includes not only the management of the data, but also the people, reporting, Ministerial relationships and other items as needed.
- Go to the field when necessary to investigate suspected cases of Guinea Worm with other data team members and with those members file case reports.
- Work with all members of the data team to better use the reporting tools and Microsoft applications.
- Participate with team members to help coordinate meetings, donor visits, partner interactions and team events as needed.
How to apply:
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line ought to include: Application South Sudan Data Consultant Position. All documents ought to be in Microsoft word (.doc), PDF or open-source format.
Only finalists will be contacted.