Stafford House Study Holiday Program (SHSH) is part of CATS Global Schools (CGS), one of the leading providers of pre-university academic courses and English language courses hosting international students aged 12-18. The program is designed to provide short-term language courses with evenly balanced academics, social activities, sports and excursions in a safe, well-managed environment.
Each year, Stafford House opens ‘pop-up’ schools in multiple locations across the US and UK. These schools focus on offering an all-inclusive language and cultural experience for juniors students (ages 10-18). In addition to daily ESL classes, Study Holidays students participate in a robust activities program that allows them to practice their English through sports and other social activities on campus as well as regular excursions to popular cultural & historical attractions within the New England area. In order to ensure that our students have an exciting, inspiring & safe experience, staff members will collaborate in the following areas:
• Housing & Meals
• Student Welfare (health, safety, supervision, support)
The Student Activities Manager has a critical role. You will work closely with the Director of Studies, Student Activities Excursions Manager, Center Director and the Residential LIfe Manager to ensure that each one of our students has a life changing experience whilst studying on their summer program. Stafford House Boston. You will have supervisory responsibility over the busy student activities schedule. The dates of employment for this role are expected to be early July – mid August.
The Student Activities Manager is the primary manager of all onsite student activities. This will include:
• 2 afternoon activities on-site. Ex. Sports, Arts, Games (Tu, Th)
• After-dinner socializing activities (Nightly)
To facilitate the above activities, the Student Activities Manager’s primary responsibilities are to:
• Plan a fun and exciting activities program
• Create weekly work schedule for activities leaders
• Train & manage activities leader team
• Manage weekly activities budget
• Meet with group leaders on a weekly basis to discuss the upcoming activities schedule and discuss any issue that may arise
• Lead activities as necessary
• Be responsible for answering student emergency phone during off-hours if necessary
We are looking for someone who:
• Has enthusiasm, energy and a get it done attitude
• Wants to contribute to a positive team environment
• Flexible schedule; sometimes working evenings or weekends
• The ability to perform residential duties at least 2 nights per week
• Good interpersonal & conflict-resolution skills
• Has excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Has a sincere desire to work with international students
• Has the ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining strict attention to details
• Sensitivity to cultural differences among international students
• Strong ability to stay focused in a high-paced work environment
• Has the legal ability to work in the United States (we will not be offering sponsorship)
• Second Language ability
• Experience communicating with English learners
• Previous experience in industry (ESL, Juniors Camps)
• Experience living or studying abroad
• Previous experience managing a small team
• The ability to take on more substantial residential duties
• Familiarity with the Boston/New England area
• On-site housing provided
• On-site meals provided
Willingness and Ability to live our company values in the workplace:
• Accountability – Takes responsibility, dedicated, committed, pro-active, makes decisions.
• Enthusiasm – Flexible, responsive, can-do attitude, honest, willingness to learn, positive in the face of challenges.
• Creativity – New ways to improve, creates ideas and implements, looks at problems in different ways, solutions-lead.
• Team player – Friendly, punctual, reliable, respectful of co-workers, collaborates with colleagues.
• Customer focused – Whether this is our students, colleagues or external contacts: Approachable, helpful, shows empathy, welcoming, organised, attention to detail, courteous.
How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to us.