Are you an upcoming 2023 PharmD and PhD graduate looking to gain practical experience in pharmaceutical marketing? Join PV&H University, a 12-week internship program (10-15 hours per week) starting February 2023. This is a 100% remote, paid internship. If you enjoy what you learn, consider us for full-time employment as a Scientific Associate or Medical Writer I after graduation.
About the Role:
During your 12 weeks, you’ll gain exposure to the principles of medical writing and clients’ developing groundbreaking medicines and treatments. You’ll help develop outlines and write content for our target audiences. In addition, you’ll assist with evaluating literature, coordinating references, and checking accuracy of cited information utilized for promotional pharmaceutical marketing content and medical, regulatory, and legal submissions.
- You find the news of new therapies or scientific advances exhilarating and are zealous about new and novel insights in medicine.
- You are curious about the pharmaceutical industry and how it promotes products to a variety of audiences.
- You like writing summaries of research supported by confirmed data and bulletproof reasoning while referencing documents with precision and accuracy because showing readers how you got the facts is just as important as finding them.
- You have an eagle eye for the details and live by the AMA style guide.
- You are a planner who coordinates multiple activities at once and has a knack for prioritizing deadline-sensitive projects.
- PharmD or PhD candidates expected to graduate in 2023
- Impeccable written and verbal communications skills
- Expertise in gathering, evaluating, and summarizing scientific literature
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (PPT, Word, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat
- Working knowledge of AMA style guide
- Prior experience that translates well:
- Medical and Drug Information
- Medical Affairs
- Regulatory Affairs
- New Product Commercialization
- Promotional Agency
- For those interested in managed markets medical communications, the following knowledge and experiences are preferred:
- Working knowledge of managed markets, healthcare, and the healthcare delivery system
- Involvement in the professional organizations: Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) and Industry Pharmacists Organization (IPhO)
Who we are
Across the commercialization continuum, Precision Value & Health teams are focused on transforming data for health and leveraging evidence and insights to tailor communications for payers, providers, patients, and policymakers. PV&H University team members will work alongside PRECISIONvalue and PRECISIONscientia, both industry leaders in generating, analyzing, communicating, and translating the science of medical innovation. Start your career with Precision.