Swim Instructor – Earn up to $18 per hour!
CDPHP Fitness Connect at the Ciccotti Center, 30 Aviation Road, Albany, New York, United States of America Req #4149
Monday, March 20, 2023
Position Title: Swim Instructor
Location: CDPHP Fitness Connect at the Ciccotti Center
Type: Part Time
Are you a student at a local college? A high schooler looking for your first job opportunity? Or a retiree looking for part-time work? If so, this is the right fit for you. Join our team of full time and part time staff at the CDPHP Fitness Connect at the Ciccotti Center. Our facility is managed by Power Wellness Management, a company that specializes in managing state-of-the-art medically integrated health and fitness centers. We strive to be a workplace that improves your work/life balance, health and future. It’s more than a paycheck!
Benefits include a FREE gym membership for you and a member of your household, flexible hours and a fun/team friendly environment.
The part time Swim Instructor is responsible for providing members an individualized instruction that is tailored to their needs and skill ability. The Swim Instructor will also teach group lessons and help with various clinics.
1. Lead individual and small group swim classes to members and guests of various fitness levels.
2. Understand contraindicated exercises providing a safe and effective approach to exercise.
3. Assess client’s needs by performing an evaluation of their strength and ability in the water.
4. Respond to and schedule all requests for swim instruction.
5. Provide suggestions for new programs and monthly swim promotions.
6. Maintain industry certification in good standing and meet continuing education requirements.
7. Demonstrate accountability to schedule by avoiding missed sessions/classes and seek substitute instructors in advance.
8. The ability to be flexible and accommodating as it relates to center hours, work schedules and scheduling appointments for prospects and members.
9. Must meet all safety requirements and certifications necessary to perform job duties.
10. Demonstrate complete knowledge of emergency and safety procedures and confidence communicating with EMS.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Minimum 1 year related experience instructing and/or coaching swim required.
- CPR/AED certification required within 90 days of hire (provided by Power Wellness)
- Water Safety Instructor certification is preferred.
- USA Swim Coaching level 1 preferred.
- Must possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills, and the ability to work with members in a positive, service based manner.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain a controlled and professional demeanor.
We Improve Life By Delivering Excellence In Health, Fitness & Wellness Management.
Integrity * Excellence * Humanity * Passion * Creativity * Humility