Child Health Home Care Manager – Albany , NY
We invite you to be part of the mission-based team helping children in crisis for over 190 years! The Children’s Health Homes program is seeking a full-time Care Manager at our Albany location. This position is responsible for engaging children, youth, and families via outreach and activities for successful enrollment in a children’s health home and the subsequent provision of health home services.
The Care Manager position will maintain a full caseload of families and meet with each on a monthly basis to rapidly engage and sustain this engagement throughout the course of treatment. As part of a clinical team, the Care Manager will identify and discuss the strengths, risk factors and service needs that may impact the health and safety of the client/family, as well as develop and document progress on treatment goals and methods.
What a Children’s Health Home Care Manager with Northern Rivers can expect:
- Gather assessments using tools appropriate to the position and enter documentation that confirms eligibility and identifies area(s) requiring support services.
- Work with children, families and support service providers through care coordination and service integration to create a comprehensive Plan of Care.
- Identify and engage these additional service providers (e.g., natural supports, parent advocates and primary care physicians) with your clients and families as necessary.
- Coordinate the continuing involvement of families and service providers in the execution of the plan and subsequent treatment goals.
- Advocate on behalf of your clients for their best interests and goal achievement.
- Convene and conduct quarterly meetings to review progress, update the client’s Plan of Care and confirm their ongoing eligibility.
- Document progress and arrange for eventual transitions between long term systems, placements, health homes and /or various levels of care following any changes in eligibility.
Your experience and qualifications:
- A Bachelor of Arts or Science with 2 years of relevant experience, or a license as a Registered Nurse with 2 years of relevant experience, or a Masters with one year of relevant experience.
- Two years of experience providing direct services to persons diagnosed with mental disabilities, developmental disabilities, alcoholism, or substance abuse is helpful.
- Requires the ability to drive: Must possess a valid driver’s license and automobile that is insured in accordance with New York State Requirements.
If you’ve got the talent, drive and desire to make a real difference in your community, you need to be a part of Northern Rivers Family of Services. We’re a family of human service agencies united in our passion to help the children, adults, and families of the Capital Region and beyond.
Our employees receive a generous time off and health care package, tuition reimbursement, loan repayment assistance, free training/CEU opportunities, flexible work schedule, and much more!
Apply today to become part of our team!
Northern Rivers is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.