Associate Director of Admissions Munson-Williams is seeking a dynamic and creative individual to fill our Associate Director of Admissions in the PrattMWP College of Art and Design program. Why choose Munson-Williams for your next career opportunity? Munson-Williams creates transformational arts experiences that cultivate curiosity and creativity, enlighten, educate, and inspire. We offer exceptional benefits such as health, dental and vision plans, generous paid time off, and art classes for you and your family, tickets to live performances, films, and so much more! Discover us at www.mwpai.org
The Associate Director of Admissions position at Munson-Williams’ PrattMWP College of Art and Design offers an exciting opportunity for an aspiring and creative admissions professional. Born of the partnership between Pratt Institute (Brooklyn, NY) and Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute (Utica, NY), PrattMWP offers its students the unique opportunity to complete the first 2-years of their BFA studies in the intimacy of Pratt’s upstate extension campus before relocating to NYC, a center of the arts world, for the final 2-years of their degree program.
The Associate Director of Admissions has an equally unique opportunity to benefit from this creative partnership–providing a wide range of administrative and enrollment services at the extension campus while working with the deep resources and support of the Brooklyn team. The Associate Director of Admissions reports to the Dean of the School of Art at PrattMWP and works closely with the VP for Enrollment Management and the Director of Admissions at Pratt/Brooklyn.
The Admissions Associate Director also supports international enrollment by serving as a Designated School Official (DSO) for the issuance of the Form I-20. The position requires occasional travel as needed for recruitment.
Munson-Williams is committed to community engagement and to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The Associate Director of Admissions will model the values and culture of the organization to colleagues and the public by being welcoming, inclusive, and respectful and will value collaboration across the organization.
Essential Job Functions
The Associate Director of Admissions is responsible for the overall operation of the PrattMWP admissions office, including working to ensure annual admission goals are met and the supervision of admissions staff.
● Assist in the development and implementation of the overall recruitment plan under the supervision of the Dean, and in coordination with the Director of Admissions and the Vice President for Enrollment at Pratt/Brooklyn; ● Manage day-to-day operations of the office. This includes responding to inquiries (phone calls, emails, and walk-ins), issuing mailings, and managing services for visitors (tours and info sessions); ● Manage the admissions budget; ● Attend weekly meetings with the Director of Admissions of Pratt/Brooklyn and build close working relations between the recruitment staff of both campuses; ● Serve as a primary contact for prospective students; ● Organize and participate in on-campus recruitment events such as information sessions, campus tours (individual or group), and Accepted Student Day; ● In coordination with Pratt/Brooklyn Admissions Office, organize and participate in off-campus recruitment events such as portfolio days, advisement & presentation sessions, high school visits, college fairs, etc.; ● Manage the communication flow for prospects and applications received, processed, and forwarded by the Brooklyn campus and provide supplemental reviews and assessments of applications materials as needed; ● Maintain databases and issue reports to track prospect, applicant, and enrollment yields. Monitor progress towards enrollment goals for first-time, transfer, and international students; ● Serve as a primary contact for all high schools and organizations. Maintain a database of key schools, contact information, and enrollment history; ● Maintain knowledge of PrattMWP academic and extracurricular offerings, financial aid, faculty and staff, campus, student life offerings as well as Munson-Williams Museum of Art and Performing Arts events and performances to provide prospective students an overview of the entire Munson-Williams organization; ● Manage the application process for the summer pre-college program (when applicable); and ● Serve on Munson-Williams interdivisional committees and other duties as required.
● In partnership with the Director of Marketing and Communications at PrattMWP and in close collaboration with the Director of Enrollment Marketing at Pratt/Brooklyn, provide an array of enrollment marketing services. These include: * Coordination/adaption of admissions campaigns for distribution across the PrattMWP website, social media, email marketing, and publications; o Work with IT, Marketing and Communications, and other stakeholders in the redesign of the PrattMWP website; o Ensure that the PrattMWP website maintains accurate, updated, and relevant information, photography, videography, and graphics; o Prepare publications and informational materials for distribution at recruitment events; and o Hire professional photographers and organize yearly photo shoots of student work and campus life to maintain up-to-date files for publications and external assessment needs.
● Serve as a Designated School Official (DSO) for SEVIS; ● Assist the Office of International Affairs at Pratt/Brooklyn with completing the student visa process; and ● Advise international students on immigration status in coordination with the Office of International Affairs at Pratt/Brooklyn.
● Recruit, train and supervise admissions counselors and student workers; and ● Provide on-going assessment and annual performance appraisals for counselors.
Compensation and Benefits:
● Salary range $50,000 to $55,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience ● Munson-Williams offers an excellent benefits package which includes: ○ Medical, dental, and vision insurances for the employee, their spouse/domestic partner and dependents. ○ Paid group life insurance with the ability to purchase additional optional life insurance ○ Paid short-term and long-term disability coverages ○ Participation in Munson-Williams’ TIAA Retirement plan after one year of service ○ Generous benefit time off including sick time, holiday, early closing on summer Fridays and annual PTO of 14 days with increases beginning with your 4th year ○ Other benefits include: Employer Assistance Program, Museum of Art Membership with reciprocal admission to other Museums, free School of Art classes for you and your family, and complimentary tickets to world-class performances, films, and children’s performances ● As a 501(c) 3 tax-exempt organization under the IRS Code, Munson-Williams is considered a qualifying employer for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, a federal program designed to forgive student loan debt for employees of certain non-profit and public employers.
Applications will be reviewed as received. Send your cover letter, resume, and contact for three professional references: firstname.lastname@example.org. Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute, 310 Genesee Street, Utica, NY13502 Inquiries on this position: Human Resources (315)797-0000, extension 2153
● Five to seven years of professional higher education admissions experience required; ● Experience working with art and design admissions preferred; ● Significant experience working with international audiences in a higher education context; ● Interest in supporting the goals of higher education and the mission of Munson-Williams; ● Sincere interest in working with diverse populations; ● Strong people skills to interact with staff, faculty, prospective students and parents; ● Excellent oral and written communication skills; ● Facility with Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to work with databases; ● Ability to read budget reports and accurately prepare fiscal documents and forms; ● Strong organizational skills and a serious attention to detail; ● Ability to see projects through from start to finish with a reasonable minimum of supervision; ● Ability to think critically, analyze information, and make actionable recommendations; ● Ability to build fruitful partnerships with colleagues and co-workers; ● An ability to mitigate stress and contribute to a positive work environment; ● Ability to provide an appropriate level of candor, collaboration, respect, preparedness, and engagement as a member of a team; ● Ability to travel and to work evenings and weekends; ● Valid driver’s license; and ● Ability to adhere to Institute COVID-19 policy and requirements.
Majors/Areas of Study:
Bachelor’s degree required, BFA or significant coursework in art and design preferred; Graduate degree in related field preferred.
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications or check off all the boxes, you should still seriously consider applying. An important part of our interview process is understanding why this position and our mission particularly resonated with you. Send your cover letter, resume, and contact for three professional references: email@example.com. Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute, 310 Genesee Street, Utica, NY13502 Inquiries on this position: Human Resources (315)797-0000, extension 2153