Mativ / Neenah Technical Materials, Pittsfield, specializing in filtration papers, is seeking an intern for the summer of 2023 in the Process Engineering and R&D department. This opportunity will provide exposure to many aspects of operations, including multi-functional operational knowledge, technical non-woven papermaking, process experiences and specific deliverables along with interaction with senior leadership.
Job duties would include:
- Work with the technical team on process efficiency improvements, cost savings and/or technology advancement
- Attend various meetings including: leadership team meetings, production meetings, project management meetings and trial meetings
- Work with various engineers to identify paper defects and how to resolve them
- Participate in new customer trials
- Work with leadership to modify or create standard operating procedures
- Project work as assigned by senior leadership
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a strong interest in the manufacturing environment, particularly in paper and pulp sciences.
- Be working towards Bachelors of Science in Paper Science, Chemistry, Materials (with a focus on non-wovens) or Industrial Engineering
- Must possess high initiative and drive, with a curiosity to perpetually learn and improve our business
- Possess excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently as well and work collaboratively in a team setting
- Must be able to analyze information to find opportunities and solutions