McLean Hospital is a comprehensive psychiatric hospital committed to providing easy access to superior quality, cost-effective mental health services in the Boston area, Massachusetts and beyond. Since 1811, McLean Hospital has been a world leader in the treatment of mental illness and chemical dependency, research into the cause of mental illness and the training of generations of mental health care providers. McLean’s multidisciplinary programs treat a broad range of psychiatric illnesses across the full continuum of care.
Description – External
- Coordinate all Administrative Procedures
- Maintains confidentiality in all hospital communications.
- Provides front door services for ECT and TMS patients and families
- Answers and prioritizes telephone calls within reasonable time in a courteous manner, identifying self and unit at all times.
- Give directions and general information to visitors regarding the hospital both in person and by phone according to unit protocol.
- Coordinates the giving and receiving of patient information to and from other hospital departments within established time frames.
- Maintains complete and accurate messages for unit and other healthcare personnel, assuring accurate routing of messages in accordance with unit procedure.
- Billing for all clinical services
- Assists with completion, preparation and timely submission of department encounter forms to HIS
- Resolves billing issues by coordinating with patient accounts..
- Patient billing issues liaison
- Manages ECT insurance pre-authorization and ongoing authorization of insurance coverage for ECT including initial contact with insurance companies, monitoring of dates of coverage, communication of pertinent clinical information as needed.
- Manages TMS insurance pre-authorization and ongoing authorization of insurance coverage for TMS including initial contact with insurance companies, monitoring of dates of coverage, communication of pertinent clinical information as needed.
- Coordinates with Utilization Review for inpatient ECT/TMS treatment authorization.
- Assists in transition to outpatient treatment and refers to patient accounts as necessary.
- Kronos responsibility
- Prepares payroll for staff via KRONOS and resolves issues as needed.
- Communicates payroll issues to staff
- Has eBuy responsibility
- Orders routine equipment and supplies according to established stock levels and requisition procedures as demonstrated by maintaining supplies within budget levels.
- Assists with processing PO orders for equipment, supplies, etc. as needed.
- Maintains/reviews budget
- Assists in budget preparation as requested.
- Keeps statistics and coordinates paperwork as requested.
- Scheduling responsibilities
- Works with Administrative Coordinator, Program Manager and Director to assure clinician coverage
- Coordinates nursing scheduling with Administrative Coordinator and Program Manager as needed.
Qualifications – External
- Associates degree and 3-5 years direct experience OR
- 6-8 years professional experience.
- All employees must possess basic computer skills to use a variety of electronic or online systems for communication, clinical and administrative purposes.
All employees must possess basic computer skills to use a variety of electronic or online systems for communication, clinical and administrative purposes.