Candidate will need to be local from day 1 as they will be onsite some days per week…eventually leading to full time onsite.
Please have candidates complete a python or C++ coding test and attach along with resume.
Will consider recent graduates with some experience in testing and data analytic background. GPS background a plus.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS: Looking for both software and hardware testing experience. Please ensure candidates are willing to be in a test role. We have had instances where candidates were more interested in developing.
Hiring manager will consider recent grads from local universities: Calstate Long Beach, Calstate Fullerton, UC Irvine, UCLA, and USC with Internship and/or 1 year of test experience.
GPS Software Test Engineer
What You’ll Do
· Provide Software Engineering Test and Verification of client line of Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) receivers.
· Work with Software and System Engineeringto define test setup and standardize test plans
· Coordinate and review test results with test and development teams
· Participate in periodic bug review meetings to ensure software development and product team understand software issues clearly.
· Provide daily assistance and guidance to team on scheduled tasks/bugs, which may involve working with non-technical team members to understand customer faced issues.
· Diagnose and perform 1st level root cause analysis on software bugs.
· Understand Global Positioning System concepts and fundamentals through directed work assignments and training material for self and fellow team members.
· Direct technical contribution through engineering validation, test plan creation and automation testing.
· Perform product verification and validation activities in lab environment and on various Ag vehicles via manual and automated test setups.
· Frequent travel to the Test Farm, 80% of time performing field test cases for Receiver validation
What it Takes
Ideally the candidate will have:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Agricultural Engineering related field.
· Exposure to precision agriculture products.
· 1+ year of job experience in GNSS receiver testing.
· 2+ years of experience with test plan creation and execution.
· 2+ years of experience with software development life cycle and reporting/tracking software defects
· Experience with validation and/or verification testing of system requirementsand regression-level testing.
· Demonstrated effective analytical, reporting, & presentation skills.
A strong candidate will also have:
· Demonstrated experience with CAN communication.
· Experience with troubleshooting Hardware related issues.
· Experience with Agile Software Development methodology.
· Experience with software tools, such as Microsoft Project, Team Foundation Server (TFS), or Rally.