Title: Fundraising Management Intern
Direct Supervisor: Kristen Maikoo, email@example.com. Expertise in Communication, Marketing Skills, Leadership and Public Relations
Additional team: Executive director, Associate Director, CEO
Open role: 2
Location: Virtual Internship
Duration: 4 to 6 months, Monday to Friday anytime between 10 am to 5 pm ET
Summary: Fundraising Management interns are in charge of developing and managing campaigns that bring in donations from various sources. This can include a number of different responsibilities, such as identifying and interacting with potential donors through connection strategies ranging from fundraising events to crowdsourcing campaigns to working along side public relations. May also apply for grants and provide stakeholders (including executives and organizational leaders) with regular updates on their fundraising progress. We are looking to have a fundraising team who could assist with carrying out our mission, by gaining necessary funds that pay overhead costs, develop educational programs, and make improvements that will benefit future clients who utilize our services.
- Work alongside the marketing team and PR to bring in donations and manage fundraising campaigns.
- Collaborate with the team for fundraising ideas
- Assist in creating and executing fundraising plans for non-profit organizations.
- Conduct research on potential donors and grant opportunities.
- Conduct assessment on past fundraising strategies and make recommendations.
- Manage donor databases and communication with donors.
- Develop and analyze fundraising reports to identify trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Assist in organizing fundraising events and campaigns.
- Collaborate with team members to identify innovative fundraising strategies.
- Oversee the entirety of the Fundraise campaign.
- Ensure strategies and activities are being implemented.
- Create a workflow for team members, delegate and assign tasks to members.
- Create spreadsheets and documents pertaining to fundraising campaigns.
Internship qualifications and requirements:
- Ability to delegate task – Experience managing Excel sheet – Communications – Interpersonal skills – Problem Solving – Decision Making – Strategic Analysis – Leadership Skills – Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Graduate Level – Business, Administration, Accounting, Finance, Communication, Human Service, and or/ Sociology, Philanthropy and Nonprofit management, is highly recommended to apply.
Developmental opportunities and learning objectives:
- Training – Cross Collaboration with agency department head – Nonprofit Management – Building a network of connections.
- Effective decision making Leadership Communication Skills Project management Skills Event planning and coordination.
- Opportunity to work with a team of experienced professionals and receive mentorship and guidance throughout the internship.
As this role is an unpaid internship role:
- Possible Internship Credit: For this internship, training, mentorship, feedback, and guidance are provided to you by a full-time Marketing Employee at the organization. Some educational institutions require prior approval before the start of an internship for academic credit. It is the responsibility of the student to check with their institution to be sure they meet any requirements before they accept a position.
- Flexibility: This virtual internship allows flexibility to students in choosing their own start and end date
- Letter of recommendation/Reference letter provided upon completion of the internship (Performance Evaluation taken into consideration)
About us: I’RAISE is a small BIPOC led 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based in NYC. We provide 100% free educational resources, programs, and services to vulnerable families and children in under-resourced and under-served communities in NYC since 2013 and virtually since 2022. We provide free programs such as tutoring, mentoring, coaching, college and career preparation, parent support, virtual performing arts classes, and much more.