Operating Company: Environmental Solutions Group – Heil Environmental
Location: Fort Payne, AL
Department: Environmental Health and Safety
The Safety Internship position provides an opportunity for students who are currently pursuing an Environmental Safety and Health, Occupational Safety and Health, Safety Sciences, Safety Engineering or like engineering degree to get hands on experience working with and EHS Team in a fast-paced, complex manufacturing environment. The Safety intern will contribute to EHS process improvement projects and advance best practices.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Assist the site in developing new JSA’s and reviewing and updating new JSA’s for manufacturing processes. Part of this project will involve working on the manufacturing floor with associates to observe and understand the workflow, identify hazards, and assist in developing protective and corrective measures.
- Work with associates and safety council members to create, review, validate and update new or existing JSA’s and PPE assessments.
- Assist with development of site training materials relating to JSA creation and use and PPE assessment.
- Make recommendations and observations as appropriate throughout the process.
- Participate in leadership reviews and daily report-outs with the site management team.
- Some technical writing experience preferred.
- Some hazard identification and risk analysis experience preferred.
- Some experience in developing Job Safety Analyses.
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree preferred or related degree considered as applicable.
- Minimum GPA in major of 2.75/4.0.
- Good application skills of Microsoft Office tools, such as Excel, Word, Outlook etc.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills are essential.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online through the ESG website careers page: https://www.doveresg.com/careers/
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.