Location: Cambridge, MA
Start Date: July 2023
Your mission at EF Explore America? To inspire educators from across the USA to lead student tours throughout North America. As a Tour Consultant, you will play a vital role in evangelizing our company mission: Opening the World Through Education. We give every salesperson here a magic combination of guidance and autonomy to help them thrive and cultivate our business. We onboard, train, and support you with comprehensive sales development programs and ongoing coaching from peers, dedicated trainers, and managers.
Whether your goal is to go from beginner to expert or explore the world of sales for the first time. The Tour Consultant position is a fantastic opportunity to flex your sales muscles, acquire new skills and techniques, and create a foundation for a long-lasting sales career at EF.
What You’ll Do:
- Initiate conversations with middle school and high school teachers to generate new business within a given territory through high-volume phone calls and strategic outreach
- Qualify and manage a pipeline of self-generated leads
- Be fearless, focused, and excited to sell a product that truly changes students’ lives
- Help us maintain our rapid growth and become a market leader while raising the bar on the quality of the customer experience
Who You Are:
People from all different professional and educational backgrounds have thrived in this role. Here’s what they have in common—sound like you?
- Are eager to expand or start your sales career in a role where you take ownership over your work
- Are self-motivated and committed to doing what it takes to be successful in sales
- Enjoy influencing others and are great at building relationships
- Have a student mentality and are dedicated to our inimitable sales process
- Don’t subscribe to the phrase, “That’s not my job.”
- Nail the details and never lose sight of the big picture
- Have experience working in a sales, leadership, or customer-facing role
- Are passionate and ready to bring their A game each and every day
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
As if changing teachers’ and students’ lives and making the world a better place isn’t enough, we also offer the opportunity to:
- Work in our Austin office where you’ll enjoy comprehensive professional development, frequent social programming and employee-run social groups (including our “EFinity” groups: Black@EF, LGBTQ+@EF, Latinos@EF, API@EF, Jewish@EF, Indigenous@EF and Parents@EF and more). You can expect:
- Up to 45% growth in base pay in your first two years
- Paid travel to our domestic or international destinations or offices at least once a year (more as you grow with us)
- Eligibility for our Workplace Flexibility Program: our hybrid work model with up to two days of work-from-home per week.
- Robust professional growth opportunities including monthly trainings, workshops, and inspiring talks with global leaders and experts
- Four weeks paid vacation and twelve paid holidays
- 25% company match on your 401(k)
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, along with life and disability insurance
- Wellness benefits and a yearly fitness reimbursement
- EF program discounts including travel, language schools, childcare, and more
- Dependent care, healthcare, and commuter flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Discounts at local venues and businesses
About Your Future Employer:
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, identity, parental status, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com