EF Ultimate Break is a division of EF Education First and is the easiest way to travel abroad for anyone 18–29 years old. Every trip gives travelers the chance to make friends, explore new places, and immerse themselves in different cultures—on fun, affordable, life-changing adventures. Our Marketing and Creative team makes these experiences come to life across all platforms. Small and mighty, this team comes to work with their talent, passion, and a nothing is impossible attitude.
For more information, visit www.efultimatebreak.com
What you’ll do:
As part of a fun team that loves what they do, you will inspire travelers between 18 and 35 to sign up for life-changing travel experiences across the globe. Our Social Media Manager opportunity lets you combine your passion for creating social content with your strengths in writing, ideation, and channel distribution into a unique, rewarding role. You’re on top of the latest social channels, plugged into pop-culture, creative, and detail-oriented. You have a point of view (and ideas) for how organic social and paid social can work together, are a strong relationship builder (for our influencer program), and are hungry to dig into data to understand what’s working and what’s not.
Oh, and a sense of humor is nice, too.
Sound like you? Then you’re our type of person. Keep reading!
- Own social content creation process (including writing, pitching, scripting, rights & clearances), working cohesively with in-house creative team on production
- Excel in producing shareable and engaging social-first videos and copy/captions (FOMO-inducing, travel-inspiring social media content that drives engagement and travel intent)
- Embody our voice and represent EF Ultimate Break across all social and digital channels
- Create and maintain a fun, supportive and entertaining community for followers to join and share experiences
- Develop and manage monthly calendars for the creation, distribution and optimization of social media content across Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, —and whatever the next “it” social app may be
- Handle day-to-day content publishing, deliverables and edits
- Use social media tools to analyze metrics around brand and consumer
- Deliver insights/benchmarks for our channels and content performance with recommendations for growth
- Become the eyes and ears of our brand, listening to our audience, engaging in one-to-one conversation, and reacting quickly to current trends—pushing ideas to execution in real time when needed
- Stay up to date on emerging trends/pop culture, topics, conversations to inform social content (including hopping on relevant pop culture trends)
- Own the brand voice and know when and how to speak to and with fans
- Build and own social content database, working closely with cross functional teams to ensure content is delivered in a timely manner
- Curate from our awesome community of travelers, brand ambassadors, Tour Directors, media/PR, and employees to distribute through all our channels
- Collaborate with our paid media team to surface learnings and leverage successful content
- Partner with our Influencer/Creator community to leverage their amazing content
Who you are:
- 4-6 years of managing social media accounts for a B2C company
- A resourceful, innovative, and enthusiastic attitude about all things social media and content
- Knowledge and understanding of social channels and their role in the lives of Gen Z and Millennials
- Awesome writing, presenting and communication skills
- Deep understanding of social platforms and algorithms that affect day-to-day publishing and content strategy
- Basic understanding of social media analytics and experience optimizing channels
- Experience using social publishing platforms
- Excellent organizational skills, focus, and attention to detail
- Position requires travel
- Are a natural-born storyteller with an eye for detail
- Are always in the know on social trends
- Are outgoing, creative, passionate and approachable, with a desire to try new things
- Are comfortable on camera, on Tiktok, being an MC in a group, etc.
- Have a love and passion for travel
- Have strong inter-personal relationship skills
- Are savvy about the changing landscape of social sharing
- Are known for your ability to give and receive feedback thoughtfully
- Love creative exploration and embrace taking risks to create new and unique content
Bonus Points if…
- You are a video editing magician
- You know your way around Photoshop
Why you’ll love working here:
Work in our beautiful Cambridge office where you’ll enjoy comprehensive professional development, frequent social programming and employee-run social groups (including our “EFinity” groups: Black@EF, LGBTQ+@EF, Latinos@EF, API@EF, Jewish@EF, Indigenous@EF and Parents@EF).
You can expect:
- Eligibility for our Workplace Flexibility Program: our pilot hybrid work model with up to two days of work-from-home per week, after your initial onboarding
- Robust professional growth opportunities including monthly trainings, workshops, and inspiring talks with global leaders and experts
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year (four weeks starting in year two) and nine paid holidays
- 25% company match on your 401(k)
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, along with life and disability insurance
- Paid international business travel
- Wellness benefits and a yearly fitness reimbursement
- EF program discounts including travel, language schools, childcare, and more
- Dependent care, healthcare, and commuter flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Discounts at local venues and businesses
About EF Education First :
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, identity, parental status, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has schools and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com