Art Adjunct Instructor (Ceramics)(TEMPORARY)
Posting Number: F00894
Location: Diablo Valley College
Description of Position:
Diablo Valley College is seeking to add to its pool of adjunct faculty who can teach Ceramic Art in the Art Department. Applicants should be familiar with some or all of the following: wheel-thrown pottery, hand-built functional pottery, ceramic sculpture, figurative ceramic sculpture. Once approved and added to our system, adjunct faculty will be approved for part time hiring for some or all classes in the Ceramics area of the Art department, as well as substitute teaching. Courses in Ceramics are often taught “stacked” where multiple levels are taught at the same time.
Position Status: Non-Tenure Track
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: D3010-Art & Photography
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
Master’s in fine arts, art, or art history
OR Bachelor’s in any of the above AND Master’s in humanities
OR the equivalent
· Possession of an MFA or equivalent.· Experience teaching ceramics to adults.· Expertise in ceramic forming techniques which could include hand-building, sculpting, casting, and/or wheel throwing.· Familiarity and competence in the operation of equipment typical of a ceramics studio, including both electric and gas kilns.
Job Open Date: 09/14/2022
Job Close Date: 12/9/2022
Open Until Filled: No
Employment Begins: Spring 2023
# of Months: 5 months
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/3477414
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.