Commonpoint Queens is home to a number of youth workforce programs. Ladders for Leaders is a nationally recognized program that offers outstanding high school and
college students the opportunity to participate in paid professional summer internships with leading corporations, non-profit organizations and government agencies in New York City.The program is an initiative of the NYC Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD) and supported by the NYC Center for Youth Employment and the Mayor’s Fund to Advance New York City.
Who are our participants?
• Outstanding students from top high schools and colleges
• Trained to work in a professional work environment
• Skilled in the use of technology and social media
• Diverse representing various cultural and educational backgrounds
Who is Eligible:
• Youth between the ages of 16-21 at the start of the program who are enrolled in high school or college
• A minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.00
• Resident of one of the five boroughs of New York City
• Anyone with prior work experience, either paid or volunteer
• Legally allowed to work in New York City
The link to the DYCD Ladders for Leaders application will be available soon. Participants can express interest by submitting their resume to this job posting under Commonpoint Queens as the program provider.