The Center for Economic and Policy Research, a Washington DC Think Tank, seeks a researcher.
The role will involve researching topics related to contemporary economics and foreign policy issues.
Flexible or remote work schedules are possible.
Our organization consists of forty staff, including economists, policy experts, communications and other professionals who conduct research on, and help educate the public about, economics and foreign policy.
Job description: High attention to detail and accuracy and the ability to critically evaluate sources are skills that will be held by the successful candidate/s.
Applicants should have intellectual curiosity as well as some knowledge of the policy issues that CEPR focuses on, and a passion for economic and social justice. In addition, applicants should be proactive, and be able to operate in a fast-paced work environment.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will possess most or all of the following qualifications. However, CEPR will consider strong candidates whose experience and capabilities are roughly equivalent.
– Bachelor’s degree or higher and some relevant research experience.
– Strong writing and communication skills.
– Ability to conduct research tasks independently and with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
– Some knowledge of contemporary economic and foreign policy issues.
– Experience working with datasets would be an advantage.
Compensation: CEPR offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. The minimum starting salary is $53,559 annually; however, the actual salary can be as much as $90,000 depending on experience and qualifications. This position will be represented by the Nonprofit Professional Employees Union (NPEU).
Closing Date of Position: This position will remain open until filled. Please do not call.
To Apply: Send the following, in a single PDF file, to apply[at]cepr.net with the subject line “Researcher”:
1. a cover letter – which should specify full/part time preference;
2. a résumé
3. A writing sample written for a public audience, or alternatively a two-page essay analyzing a major problem with economic policy (US or international) or US foreign policy and your suggestions for how to address it.
Please do not submit additional information apart from the items listed above. If you have any questions, please email apply[at]cepr.net. Absolutely no calls.
CEPR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or sexual expression and identity. We actively welcome applications from people of color, women, and LGBTQ candidates.