Carrier Global Corporation, global leader in intelligent climate and energy solutions is committed to creating solutions that matter for people and our planet for generations to come. From the beginning, we’ve led in inventing new technologies and entirely new industries. Today, we continue to lead because we have a world-class, diverse workforce that puts the customer at the center of everything we do.
About this role
The Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Internship will be project-based, where you will gain meaningful experience related to manufacturing, field service, and continuous improvement. The EHS Intern will gain hands-on experience in performing risk assessments and improvements, environmental compliance, and program development and implementation. The structure of the role will provide an opportunity for the EHS Intern to experience the day-to-day management of EHS activities.
- Provide technical assistance with adherence to local, state, and federal standards related to occupational safety and health, environmental safety, and fire protection.
- Assist with various site Risk Assessments, looking for opportunities to streamline processes to reduce the risk of injuries and gain efficiencies.
- Assist with Environmental and Energy improvement projects.
- Assist Process Owners with EHS program evaluations as well as continued program implementation.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Environmental Health, Industrial Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety, Public Health, or related fields
- 3.0 or higher GPA
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program studying Environmental Science, Occupational Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Chemical Engineering, or related field
- Relevant coursework or previous internships preferred