At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Job Title: Development Program Lead, Repotrectinib
Functional Area Description: Global Development, Transition Assets
Position Summary / Objective
The Development Program Lead (DPL) serves as a leader of the cross-functional Development Lead is accountable for leading the vision and growth strategy for new oncology assets entering full development, In this role, they are also accountable for driving the execution of the strategy. Through leading a matrix team, they will assess business opportunities informed by scientific, regulatory, clinical and commercial aspects. This role will be a member of the Oncology Leadership Team
Strategy and Execution
- Creates and delivers the vision and strategy for development of repotrectinib, a tyrosine kinase inhibitor targeting ROS1.
- Shapes products for competitive profiling to support our value story
- Holistically assessing and filling the data need for Registrational and Non-Registrational Data Generation across various markets
- Serves as the Development Team leader, representing the scientific/development lead of the program
- Oversees and adheres to the Product Development and Commercialization (PD&C) processes for the selected asset and achievement of key milestones
- Proactively identifies potential risks and drives the execution of mitigation strategies Interpret and communicate key clinical trial results and regulatory milestones to appropriate governance boards
- Develop a data generation strategy that addresses both regulatory and reimbursement needs globally
- Partner with internal teams to develop and execute a Publications Strategy for primary and secondary publications
Leadership and Matrix Management
- Sets a vision for the Development Team and engages the matrix team on that vision
- Manages performance across the matrix team, in collaboration with the functional leaders
- Secures required headcount and budget to achieve global PD&C plan and drives allocation and prioritization of activities across Research and Development, including Regulatory, Worldwide Medical, etc.
- Oversees relevant sub-teams and ensures clear goals and performance standards are in place, provides feedback and coaching, and holds sub-team leaders accountable for key deliverables
- Demonstrates peer-to-peer influence across R&D functional leadership
Stakeholder Engagement and Communication
- Manages communications with key stakeholders across all BMS functional and market areas to ensure alignment while minimizing risk
ESSENTIAL LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES
- Ensures appropriate decisions are made in a timely manner and agreed with the appropriate levels to drive PD&C milestones
- Builds and manages relationships with external stakeholders (Opinion Leaders, Strategic Alliance Partners, Patient Advocacy Leaders, Health Authorities)
- Development of an overall communication strategy as well as the publications strategy and plan, PR plan and Broad internal communications
- Supporting Public Affairs and Investor Relations in managing external BMS communications
- MD/PhD/PharmD/secondary scientific degree preferred
- Oncology experience is preferable
- A minimum of 8+ years in the pharmaceutical industry, Health Authorities and/or academic experience, with proven progression in relevant R&D roles and significant experience in related therapeutic area
Key Competency Requirements
- Extensive working knowledge in the drug development process, along with expertise in one or more of the relevant areas (e.g. clinical, regulatory, program management, project planning and management, medical)
- Experience in managing/leading high performance, cross-functional teams (Matrix) or complex organizations successfully
- Working knowledge of regulations in the Pharmaceutical industry (US and Global preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to successfully and effectively collaborate, cooperate and work across boundaries (e.g. R&D, disease mgt., marketing, external development) and building strong external relationships
- Ability to navigate through a complex and dynamic healthcare environment
- Abreast of scientific issues as they impact business development and strategic planning
- Success in situations requiring rigorous, analytical problem solving and the ability to determine scientific opportunity and commercial targets
- Broad understanding of domestic and international issues relative to the pharmaceutical industry
- Proven agility in prioritizing and navigating competing demands
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.