The Staff Tax Accountant assists in ensuring accurate and timely completion of tax compliance and reporting. They assist in creating a positive team environment and ensure the completion of day-to-day operations in the Corporate Accounting Department. This position requires a detail-oriented, responsible, and dependable individual who has the highest level of professionalism, confidentiality, and integrity.
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
A combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Tax
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
• Effective communication skills to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
• Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
• Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
• Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
• CPA certification or actively pursuing CPA Certification.
• Previous experience in tax compliance and tax accounting, preferably in a public accounting or a corporate tax department.
• Working knowledge in SQL; Python.
• Proficient in tax software (e.g., ONESOURCE Income Tax, ONESOURCE Tax Provision, ONESOURCE Indirect Tax).
• Prepare federal and state income tax returns and related work papers, maintain tax calendar, and assist in communication with various state taxing jurisdictions.
• Prepare other non-income-based tax returns (i.e. transportation tax, sales tax returns, property tax returns, etc.) and related supporting schedules, maintain tax calendar, and make associated payments.
• Maintain tax depreciation records and provide accurate and timely reporting of tax depreciation.
• Perform account reconciliations of tax accounts and other accounting reports used in Company internal reporting packages and external reporting needs.
• Assist in responding to tax inquiries, notices, and audits from tax authorities, providing necessary documentation and support.
• Assist in ad-hoc tax projects and assignments as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office – While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, keyboard, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature, and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.