Volunteer Application: https://forms.clickup.com/f/dg3xb-3587/3TIB9OCNV1L443XMEE
A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization that is fully remote. Our organization provides children affected by cancer the opportunity to explore their artistic passions. Artistic expression has been proven to play an instrumental role in the healing process. We support them with a range of self-expression through art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and other creative mediums. This is an amazing opportunity to have a direct impact on improving the children lives while also gaining valuable skills that can be utilized in your professional careers. You will gain experience collaborating with various departments and managing a team.
The Manager of Digital Fundraising supports A Free Bird by educating and direct the fundraising programs volunteers. You will be in direct communication with Human Resources and the president on a weekly basis. This role will assist with fundraising efforts to increase brand awareness and ultimately grow our community of donors. The objective is to spread our message and encourage our community of supporters to make donations to A Free Bird . The donations can come from various sources such as GoFundMe, amazon smile, fundraising campaigns, advertising, and more.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist with the planning and management of fundraising initiatives
· Write grant proposals and manage endowments
· Collaborate with staff & other volunteers on fundraising efforts
· Work with the fundraising team to prospect and solicit major and corporate donors
· Identify potential business partners as sponsors
· Help increase communications with supporters and current donors
· Assist is creating the A Free Bird fundraising plan
· Contribute creative ideas for new fundraising opportunities
· Submit quarterly reports
· Hold mandatory weekly meetings with Department Director and team
· Experience: 2+ years of relevant experience in related field
· Degree in Management, Administration, or Fundraising
· Ability to supervise and delegate tasks to volunteers
· Clear understanding of the unique needs of nonprofit organizations
· Creativity and enthusiasm for creating fundraising campaigns, idea
· Micro influencer with fundraising portfolio and large social media network is a bonus
· Experience with event planning, grant writing and/or donor management
· Track record of implementing and analyzing results-oriented initiatives
· Excellent communication skills, required for engaging with strategic affiliates
· Familiarity with virtual fundraising platforms and CRMs, such as Salesforce NPSP preferred
Benefits and Recognition
This virtual position provides schedule flexibility and the ability to work remotely from the comfort of your own home office. This is an exciting opportunity to improve upon your skillset and gain experience overseeing a department while managing and delegating tasks to a team. You will gain valuable experience for fundraising management, event planning, marketing, and nonprofit management. Also suited to individuals with an interest in gaining experience in the nonprofit sector or in the fundraising and event planning field, and anyone dedicated to the positive physical, emotional, intellectual, and artistic development of children and youth and supporting the community!
Our volunteers are highly valued members of the A Free Bird team and contribute to making a
significant difference in the successful execution of A Free Birds vision and mission, our advocacy, awareness, and education initiatives, and helping promote social change to support children’s artistic expression. A Free Bird will provide reference letters for all volunteers who successfully complete their volunteer placement.
This position requires a six-month commitment and at least 5 – 10 hours per week with the flexibility to plan your schedule.
*Mandatory commitment is based on position level.
Due to COVID-19, we are 100% remote. Proper at home working capabilities include laptop, phone, and connection to reliable internet connectivity. Must be available to have a phone / video conversation at least twice per week.