Looking for an an amazing scholarship and professional development opportunity that’s open to ALL undergraduate students in ALL majors?
The Virtual Institute of Cyber Operation and Research (VICOR) is a $1.5 million Department of Defense (DoD) funded initiative between UAlbany and Florida International University (FIU) that will help train the next generation of cybersecurity professionals for future military and civilian leadership positions. It is a competitive program aimed at providing students the opportunity to develop essential cyber operational skills and leadership skills.
The VICOR program offers student participants up to $12,000 of value in scholarship towards cybersecurity training, experiential learning opportunities and research, mentorship, and unique networking opportunities. If students already have a tuition scholarship, students can opt to have the scholarship payment sent directly to their personal accounts. Benefits include:
- Scholarships to take cybersecurity courses in many specializations
- Continuous mentorship by industry or government leaders
- Paid internship opportunities at DoD
- Attendance at regular online seminars with industry and government leaders in cybersecurity
- Work on real-world research projects under the mentorship of faculty and experts
- Attendance at an intensive cyber certification boot camp and free cyber certification exam vouchers
- Regular professional development opportunities (resume workshops, mock interviews, career fairs) and more…
To qualify for the VICOR program, students should:
- Be a U.S. citizen or green card holder
- Be an undergraduate student (freshman-senior). If graduating before Fall 2023, you are not eligible.
To apply for this scholarship opportunity, please submit this short application by Thursday, January 5, 2023. The applications are open to all undergraduate students in ALL majors.
For more information on the VICOR program, check out this webpage. If you have any questions about the VICOR program, please direct your questions to Dr. Unal Tatar (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Alice Ottah (email@example.com).