The Asian Pacific Islander American Public Affairs Association (APAPA) Headquarters and the APAPA Albany Chapter would like to invite students to apply for their Capitol Internship program, providing students with professional experience/exposure in government, civic engagement, and public relations. Accepted intern applicants will be placed in the office of an elected official. Internships positions are limited.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org by MAY 15. Please title subject line: Intern Applicant – “Your Name”
While this internship is primarily for undergraduates, graduates students may apply if interested.
For any specific questions, please email email@example.com.
API NEXT STATE CAPITOL INTERNSHIP:
The API NEXT State Capitol Internship (Powered by the Asian Pacific Islander American Public Affairs Association (APAPA) is a professional and leadership development program, designed for students interested in skills and experiences to help advance their leadership skills in government, industry and community affairs. This program, taking place during the Summer, is unique because it places interns into offices in the Capitol and other elected offices, while providing interns opportunities to put into practice skills valuable and transferable in multiple industry sectors.
The internship provides the following professional experience:
- Communications: Learning best practices for successful communication campaigns.
- Marketing: Integrating proven strategies from tech-entrepreneurs, investors, & politicians
- Public Relations: Learning skills in direct outreach, public relations, and engagement
- Project Management: Getting experience in strategic planning and project execution
Interns will be expected to:
- Work 10-15 hours per week
- Workshop Series: Participate in weekly professional development workshops & training seminars
Students may be paired with elected officials like:
- Office of Senator Kirsten Gillibrand https://www.gillibrand.senate.gov/
- Office of U.S. Representative Paul Tonko https://tonko.house.gov/
- Office of New York Assemblyman William Colton https://nyassembly.gov/mem/William-Colton
- Office of Saratoga Springs Mayor Ron Kim http://www.saratoga-springs.org/152/Mayors-Office
- Office of Clifton Park Supervisor Phil Barrett https://www.cliftonpark.org/departments/town-supervisor/5-town-supervisor.html
- And potentially more!